World Art Drop Day
On Tuesday, September 3rd, we’re kicking off the Fall 2019 semester by participating in the 6th Annual World Art Drop Day! Community members, students and artists of all persuasions are invited to participate by dropping off pieces of art around the city and posting clues on Facebook and Instagram for seekers of art!
Here’s How it Works:
• Stop by the Southwest School of Art and pick up a World Art Drop Day tag.
• Create a piece of art and hide it somewhere around town.
• Take a photo of the art in its hiding spot.
• Post the image, the city you dropped it in, and a hint on social media. Be sure to include this year’s hashtags #ssaartdrop2019 and #artdropday.
• Move on and wait for someone to find your artwork!
About World Art Drop Day
Launched by Utah-based illustrator, Jake Parker, World Art Drop Day takes place once a year on the first Tuesday of September. Southwest School of Art organizes the event locally in the hopes of bringing the San Antonio community together through the act of making and giving!
Anyone can participate and play along. We’re looking forward to seeing what you share!